Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No longer missing in action

Well I know you may have been thinking that I had disappeared but Im still here. I have just been very busy. I have lots to catch up on. For starters I have been TS shopping and yard sale searching. I found a few wooden things that I cant wait to prim up.
I also found this chair wing back chair and Im either going to find a cover for it or attempt to cover it myself. I am thinking burgundy and cream check. What do you think. Oh yeh I paid $10.00 for the chair.

Oh yeh my sister is having a baby girl in May and we went to her baby shower last sunday isnt she beautiful!!

On our way to the shower we came upon a barn not to far from home that was on fire and we could feel the heat from the road these are before and after photos


I have also been busy going to my daughters softball games. It is something that she definatlely loves.
Also I decided it was time to give my family room a facelift. I wish that I had taken before photos but shame on me I forgot but I do have after. The walls were white and the corner cabinets were burgundy. I decided to go with a wall color called dust bunny and then panted the cabinets a off white then sanded the edges to bring the burgundy back through. Last I also did the mantel because I looked funny being brown next the cabinets.

Then there was a shelf that I had hanging up high that was a natural wood color and a little table that I have that I decided would look better if I panted them black and sanded the edges.


I also finished the my fly cover. Thanks Char at Pickeled Pepper Patch and under the fly cover is a pantry cake that I made. I was pretty happy with how this turned out.

I to wanted to let you know that I am doing my first show Sept 19th at Not Forgotten Farm. Lori is having her first annual "Gathering of Primitive Friends" This will be in Nelson County, Virginia. I am very excited and I am sure we will have a great time.
Well I promise not to let it be so long between posts from now on. Take care and have a great week!!!
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Great GW finds!! Can't wait to see the redos of them.
    Love all the pictures you shared of your family room. Everything looks so prim perfect!!
    When you mentioned that you're first show is in Sept...is that your first show of the year or your first show ever? I'm heading into my 25th year of doing shows. Guess it isn't hard to tell that I love doing them!
    Thanks for visiting me at my blog and entering my giveaway...I can't wait to see who's name gets picked.
    Hope you are having a great week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you found lots of really Cool "stuff"! Can't wait to see pics when you re-do!
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the way your family room turned out Cindy Lu!
    *WOW* you sure have been a busy girl since I've been gone!
    \
    see you soon,
    xoxoxox
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had good luck finding all of those wooden items. Please post a picture of your blueberry rake after you have it primmed up. I just bought the same one at an antique shop last week. I still need to refinish mine.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds and your home is just wonderful! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete